Wednesday, April 10, 2013

mixed media, my latest crush

If you want to know what's going on inside a woman's head.........imagine a desktop with 2,634 tabs all open..............all the same time...................all the time

YUP, THAT'S ME!!

Hubby had a laugh when he saw this one - it's absolutely explains why I go from craft to craft and from high to low in the blink of an eye.

SO WHAT'S MY LATEST LOVE!?!!

why.......it's MIXED MEDIA of course!!


I can't remember if it was when I purchased some lovely stamps from Coral of Finding Firelight that got me started, or if i was searching on Pinterest and came across this great tutorial from Christy Tomlinson that set me on fire.........but BOY AM I HOOKED!! (hope this link works! If not find it on my pinterest board titled tutorials worth taking note of)
http://pinterest.com/pin/234468724322643802/

I love that this incorporates so many of my favourite crafts, but it's still unique & different each & every time.  I love

stamping
doodling (zentangles please!)
painting
scrapbooking
texture painting
stencils
song lyrics/inspiring quotes
paper textures
ribbons & washi tape
ALL THE COLOURS OF THE RAINBOW!!

If I could give it a terrible analogy, it would be like all those beautiful different things fuse together to represent the inside of my mind!!!

I've been loving the process for about 4 weeks, and already I've made some pieces - I'VE EVEN SOLD A PIECE AT AN EXHIBITION!!  woo!! 

So now I'm doing pieces for birthdays, weddings, and some inspiring ones for the shop!!!



Love, love, love it!!  hope i'm doing this for a while before I go onto the next thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - your feedback (both positive & constructive,) are appreciated!!!