Thursday, September 12, 2013

holidays = rest, reconnect, release

August was a break for me and my family - we haven't had a holiday since I opened up the shop over 3 years ago - so it was well overdue!!

We decided that it was time to go to the snow!!  Having had no experience myself (apart from a small toboggan ride on the side of the road during one of our many family car trips,) I haven't ever donned the boots & hit the slopes.  Turns out my years of ice skating held me in good stead, and I can proudly say that I was able to stay upright for most of the time!!



Let's not mention that the kids skiied virtual circles around me, and that they went up to the next level of slopes (I had to support the local bar at some point, it's my civic duty!)



It was a wonderful 10 days of skiing, resting, driving, sightseeing and basically reintroducing myself to my beautiful family.  While testosterone heavy at times, it was so nice to reconnect with my boys (all 3 of them,) and the scenery that NZ put on while we were away was simply breaktaking!!




My pledge for next month - to get a display of photos up on a wall somewhere, framed or blu tacked.............so long as they're not simply stuck in a kodak envelope for the rest of eternity.




Oh yeah, and the other pledge..............to make sure I reaquaint myself with these gorgeous but crazy guys I am proud to call my family xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - your feedback (both positive & constructive,) are appreciated!!!