Friday, September 17, 2021

Want to design your own earrings? I can print them for you!!

 Have you got a special occasion coming up that you need something SPECIFIC for, but haven't been able to find it?

Or have you had a design in your mind but haven't been able to work out how to make it yourself? Maybe myself and my adorable 3d Printer can help you!!

The process of making earrings is not as complex as you would think. There's a few steps along the way that can give you an understanding of what's involved, but the hard stuff is done by the software and printer, and not by me!!

Here's an example of an idea I had in my head and then turned it into a finished piece.


STEP 1 - DESIGN

Start with an idea of what you'd like to see the end product look like. You really need to have the image drawn instead of in your head, as the idea in your brain is never easy to print with!!



STEP 2 - CREATE ON SOFTWARE

This is the part where you can either DIY on Tinkercad (really easy for beginners,) or on any other CAD software if you're fluent in it. My son is studying Engineering at school and created some amazing pieces on Autocad that then converted to great 3d pieces. You'll need to save it as an .stl file here and then upload it to a slicer (that's something I can do for you!)



STEP 3 - PRINT

Pop your mini SD card in the printer and be mesmerized for hours (earrings only take less than 30 minutes as they're pretty thin.



STEP 4 - DECORATE AND ASSEMBLE

Get your creative juices flowing here - I used posca pens and glued some backs on these beauties before gluing them together



STEP 5 - STEP OUT IN STYLE

Voila! Doesn't take that long once you know what you're doing! I even added a glitter version to my collection (cause I frikkin love glitter!)



If you have an idea, why not get in touch and see what we can make together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - your feedback (both positive & constructive,) are appreciated!!!