Wednesday, February 12, 2014

CREATIVE: 29 faces - days 4 to 12

Please don't say I'm slack, I have some wonderfully valid excuses!!

I've been getting used to the idea of closing down my shop :(  It was a gorgeous gallery in the heart of Fortitude Valley here in Brisbane, but sadly the last day was yesterday, and I closed the doors for the very last time..................I'm being very positive about the situation, so am looking at this as a door closing, but with many other opportunities opening up for me in the very near future!!

It's funny, once you've set your mind to something that has a creative bent, it just won't let you give up, will it!?!!

So if i may, I'm submitting my work on one blog, that shall cover a few times I had 10 minutes to sit and sketch.

I found a book on big eye art at the local Cystic Fibrosis Op Shop - and i knew I had to start making these whimsical girls!!!


 I think with each piece I do, my confidence grows, but I'm still not sure on the hair - but this is about faces, no!?!!


 I'm going to add that I had been watching Dami M (last years x-factor? winner) on the TV when this one was created (coloured in with oil pastels) her voice is amazing, my hubby texted me while he was in melbourne this week that she performed for his work colleagues - UNBELIEVABLE!!


 And this lovely lady was created from a canvas gone wrong - I tried mixing old lace with gesso, and the end result didn't work.  Luckily I had started making faces, which meant I could hide her in the back, but also make the flowers in her hair a feature - I have this one on display at home but I feel she may be a work in progress to add to as I get a little more fearless, and a litte less fearful!!!

So from now on I'll be more connected, i promise!!  sketch every night, and post every morning.  Not many more sleeps to go till the end of the month.............my days will be filled with moving out of the gallery and a bit of painting.................

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy - Anne Frank xxx


3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - your feedback (both positive & constructive,) are appreciated!!!